Tuesday, January 19, 2010

New Format for Posts

After nearly four months of existence, I have decided to change the three types of posts that I will be doing each week. Instead of having an: “Album of the Week,” “Single of the Week,” and “Shadow Song of the Week,” I have decided to do three posts that coincide with the headline of the blog. The posts will still be Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday but they will now be these three posts: “What’s New,” “What’s Good,” and “What Will be Mainstream.” Here is a further explanation of each of these new posts:


What’s New: An album or single released in the last month that I think deserves to get credit for quality. This may or may not be a “popular” artist but it will always an album that is above average and has more than one good song.


What’s Good: This could be a song or album that comes from my collection of music that I think deserves recognition. Most of the time, this music will be a year or more old.


What Will be Mainstream: This is a column for songs that I think will break into the iTunes or Billboard top 25. I will never pick a song that is currently in the iTunes or Billboard top 50. While I personally may not always like the song I post for this section, it is one that I think the general music population will.


Notes: We now have a Facebook Fan Page and Twitter Page, just click the icon on the right side of the page to view.

1 comment: